The Well Church Children’s Pastor (Well Kids)
Do you love kids? Do you want to be part of a creative, fun, energetic Children’s Ministry? If you said yes, keep reading, you may be just who we are looking for. We have a full-time teaching pastor and associate pastor that covers the Student Ministries and Worship at The Well. We have a fun team atmosphere going and want to add you to the team to continue reaching people for Jesus.
The purpose at The Well is straight from Matthew 22, Love God and Love People.
The Well Church is in Edmond, Oklahoma, a suburb on the north side of Oklahoma City. Edmond has a lot to offer and is so close to downtown OKC, a city that is growing each day. If you are interested in The Well Church Children’s Pastor position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and check out more about The Well at www.thewellchurchedmond.com.
…..Now the official position description!
POSITION: Children’s Pastor @ The Well Church (Well Kids)
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: The Children’s Minister is to lead The Well Church’s efforts to disciple children Nursery, Preschool, and Elementary (K-5th grade) and families by building and equipping strong ministry teams and providing programs aimed at helping families train up their children in Christ.
1. Strong Christian who feels a call by God into ministry
2. Love for children and families
3. Strong organizational and leadership skills
4. Ability to build and lead volunteer teams
5. Teaching/Preaching ability and desire
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Children’s Minister is directly accountable to the lead pastor @ The Well.
AREAS OF PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: The Children’s Minister is to develop, lead, recruit, train, and manage personnel, curriculum, and budgets in the following areas:
1. Nursery, Preschool, and Elementary Community Activities
2. Nursery, Preschool, and Elementary Kids Worship Service
3. Nursery, Preschool, and Elementary Wednesday Night Activities
4. Supply/Resource Room
5. Coordinate Special Events for Nursery, Preschool, and Elementary students and their families
6. Lead the Children’s Ministry Team in creating, developing, implementing and maintaining an ongoing ministry for children birth – 5th grade that involves worship, discipleship, community and mission
7. Lead overnight travel as needed for church sponsored camps and children’s events
8. Lead and coordinate VBS / Camp Create each summer.
AREA OF SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITY- FAMILY MINISTRY:
1. Build relationships with BOTH parents and children in order to assist, disciple, and support families
2. Serve as a resource for parents, sharing parenting principles and spiritual guidance for raising their children in Christ
3. Implement and coordinate family based curriculum, classes, seminars, etc.
4. Work with other staff to plan family-friendly special events
PASTORAL STAFF GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Monitor the coordination and the need of equipment and facilities related to any children’s ministry needs
2. Work alongside the senior pastoral and church staff and elders to help recruit, equip, and support lay leaders across the life of The Well Church
3. Participate in the Pastoral Staff’s process of praying and visioning, planning, calendaring, and budgeting for the purpose of equipping The Well to carry out her mission in worship, discipleship, community and mission
4. Nurture one’s own spiritual formation and professional development through personal time for study, preparation, planning and continuing education opportunities
5. Participate in home church ministry
6. Build and maintain good staff relationships
7. Assist other staff members in times of special emphasis
If you are still reading this and still interested, please send Pastor Cole your resume @ thewellcole@gmail dot com along with a paragraph or two about your life and why you think you would be a good fit @ The Well Church.